Dealing with a hidden water leak in a home can be stressful for any homeowner. It is often difficult to find the leak so it can be repaired. Without the proper equipment and knowledge, homeowners could find themselves aimlessly searching for leaks by tearing out walls and flooring. Thankfully, there is a better way. Plumbers have the training and equipment to be able to find a leak and repair it quickly, before it causes massive water damage.
How Can Homeowners Determine They Have a Leak?
Determining if and where a leak is occurring is not always easy. There are some signs homeowners can look for to know if they need to call a plumber. Ignoring the following signs will only lead to increased water damage that can sometimes become expensive to repair.
- Homeowners should monitor their water bills. If the bill suddenly begins to skyrocket, despite no changes in usage, there is likely a leak.
- A homeowner may also watch their water meter. Homeowners should turn off all faucets and go check their meter. When they come back after an hour of no water usage, the meter should not have changed. If it has, there is a leak.
- It is important homeowners check for any patches of lush grass growth in their yard. Areas with greener grass are often caused by water line leaks.
- If the signs are pointing towards a leak in the home, homeowners should check their water appliances, such as washing machines and dishwashers.
- Homeowners should also dye test their toilets to find any leaks that may not be immediately visible.
- Wall discolorations, bubbling paint, ceiling stains, and buckled flooring are all tell-tale signs of leaks in a home.
Schedule Leak Detection Services
When a homeowner suspects they have a leak, it is imperative they call in a professional plumber. Plumbers have the knowledge and tools to detect leaks, even when they are well-hidden. Leaks can be found with infrared technology, cameras, and other equipment.
It is important homeowners do not take a DIY approach to finding leaks. They could end up doing more damage than good. Hiring a plumber takes away the guesswork and zeros in on the problem right away. Hiring a plumber can save a homeowner time, money, and aggravation.
Call Now for Service
If you have done the above steps and believe there is a leak, now is the time to call for professional help. Waiting too long to seek the services of a plumber will likely result in even greater water damage, which can become expensive to repair.
Multiple reasons can lead to water leaks, including frozen pipes, appliance damage, corrosion, tree limb infiltration, and more. Do not hesitate to call a plumber for leak detection. They are the professional’s homeowners can rely on fully for finding leaks and repairing them before major water damages begin to occur.
With help from a plumber, your home will finally be free of annoying and expensive leaks. Call today to schedule an appointment right away to get started.