Are you living in the luxurious city of Minnetonka, Minnesota? If yes, you are surely surrounded by some of the most lavish homes. To give your home the same royal feel, you can try to add some attractive landscape like a pond.
Getting a pond installation in Minnetonka, MN is one of the easiest ways to add some much-needed panache to your home.
But it is never that straightforward.
You need to know many things to create an elegant aquatic centerpiece. You can install a pond in your backyard to create a place for peace. Or, you can create a small pond in your front garden to greet your guests.
Read on to find out everything you need to know about ponds in homes.
The structure of an installed pond
Flowing water is always soothing to the mind and soul. So, it is not a surprise that many people want to add a pond to the landscape of their home.
Some of the essential components of the pond are:
- The water agitator:
Water agitators keep the water in your pond fresh. In nature, waterfalls would do the job. A small waterfall or a fountain will be well suited for your home.
The pump circulates the water between the water agitator and the filter.
The filter is needed to keep the water in your pond clean. It receives water from the pump and cleans it.
Other important components include the underlayment, the liner, and the power source for the pump. The power source should trip automatically in case of issues to prevent any lethal shocks.
Types of ponds
Like any other component of landscaping, there are infinite things you can do with a pond. Some types of ponds you can install are:
- Natural ponds
Natural ponds blend into the rest of the landscape and give it the “natural” feel. They are built to look like they were always there.
To create a natural pond:
- Ensure that the water does not flow in one predictable path. It should turn and curve to look more random.
- You can introduce fish or swans depending on the size of the pond. These give your pond the feel of a naturally occurring pond.
- Incorporate stones and plants that are native to Minnetonka. For example, you can try planting Petunias and milkweed.
- Semi-natural ponds
These kinds of ponds build around the architecture and existing landscape of the house. They are generally:
- Set next to the concrete or stone patio. You can set up a seating area next to the water or hold barbecues.
- Many people use exotic plants to pair with semi-natural ponds. You can also develop a small garden around the pond with all your favorite plants.
- Formal ponds
Formal ponds are constructed to create the perfect showpiece for a formal garden. It is characterized by:
- Defined geometric patterns and shapes. The water does not flow over the landscape naturally.
- Plants are sparsely planted. In many cases, there are no plants around the pond.
- It is a showcase for fish.
Whether you go for a natural pond to complement the landscape or a formal one, pond installation Minnetonka, MN is sure to enhance the looks of your house. Living in Minnetonka means living decadently. And there is nothing more decadent than a pond flowing in your backyard!